Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist
The Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS) program provides assurance that a CKS has the skills, knowledge, and competence on a broad range of best practices for securing container-based applications and Kubernetes platforms during build, deployment and runtime. CKA certification is required to sit for this
Obtaining a CKS demonstrates a candidate possesses the requisite abilities to secure container-based applications and Kubernetes platforms during build, deployment and runtime, and is qualified to perform these tasks in a professional setting.
- Use Network security policies to restrict cluster level access
- Use CIS benchmark to review the security configuration of Kubernetes components (etcd,
kubelet, kubedns, kubeapi)
- Properly set up Ingress objects with security control
- Protect node metadata and endpoints
- Minimize use of, and access to, GUI elements
- Verify platform binaries before deploying
- Restrict access to Kubernetes API
- Use Role Based Access Controls to minimize exposure
- Exercise caution in using service accounts e.g. disable defaults, minimize permissions on newly created ones
- Update Kubernetes frequently
- Minimize host OS footprint (reduce attack surface)
- Minimize IAM roles
- Minimize external access to the network
- Appropriately use kernel hardening tools such as AppArmor, seccomp
- Setup appropriate OS level security domains e.g. using PSP, OPA, security contexts
- Manage Kubernetes secrets
- Use container runtime sandboxes in multi-tenant environments (e.g. gvisor, kata containers)
- Implement pod to pod encryption by use of mTLS
- Minimize base image footprint
- Secure your supply chain: whitelist allowed registries, sign and validate images
- Use static analysis of user workloads (e.g.Kubernetes resources, Docker files)
- Scan images for known vulnerabilities
- Perform behavioral analytics of syscall process and file activities at the host and container level to detect malicious activities
- Detect threats within physical infrastructure, apps, networks, data, users and workloads
- Detect all phases of attack regardless where it occurs and how it spreads
- Perform deep analytical investigation and identification of bad actors within environment
- Ensure immutability of containers at runtime
- Use Audit Logs to monitor access
While attending training classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
The CKS – Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist exam is heavily focused on practical application, as it is a hands-on test of your ability to run commands to perform specific actions. There are no multiple-choice questions in this exam. You will be given access to a command line and will be required to perform various tasks.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Cloud Native Computing Foundation. CNCF does not authorize training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. CNCF does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam Duration: 3 hours.
Step 1: Go through the guided practical questions in your Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist Curriculum.
Step 2: Ensure all your concepts are crystal clear. Consult your trainer if you need anything.
Step 3: Go through the exam preparation questions multiple times. Practice sample questions at least thrice before appearing for the certification.
Step 4: Never forget to use man pages if you get stuck or confused anywhere.
Step 5: Appear for your examination and keep a clear mind.
- Your Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist Training is complete practical with focus on real life elements of using Kubernetes skills.
- The Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist Training we provide does not only cover the official Kubernetes curriculum but also tips and tricks beyond your Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist curriculum.
- We have been in the training sector for more than 16 years, thus we have an excellent network of companies where we regularly place our candidates. Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist Training with Network Nuts is the best choice for people looking for a career in Automation Security.
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist Training with Network Nuts also comes with sample cover letters, sample resumes and mock interview questions.
I think, Network Nuts is best institute in Delhi for Linux lovers and AWS. I am old student of Network Nuts and done my RHCE certification in 2010 and it has been wonderful learning experience. Now, I had done AWS Solution Architecture Associate course and again I am saying it has been wonderful learning experience, well explained examples to clarify the concept. Sanjay Sir, provides the good environment to study and clarify the concepts and always tried to give the best knowledge to understand the topics.
What is the duration of Kubernetes Training?
The Kubernetes Training has a duration of 18 hours.
What are the opportunities after Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is a rising technology and has a lot of potential in the IT Industry. It is a great choice for people looking to grow their career.
How is the Kubernetes training delivered?
The Kubernetes Training in Delhi is delivered in classroom but can also be delivered online through live sessions.
- Official Training
- Certificate of Completion
- Exam Preparation
- Resume Building
- Placement Assistance
- Training Videos
Network Nuts provides Training Labs in Kubernetes Training in Delhi
We provide guaranteed job assistance with real job opportunities.
Need help with Resumes? We provide our students with sample resumes.
Interview Questions? We have a ready 2000+ question bank which all our students get.
We use simple explanations to ensure all the students are able to understand the concepts.
We conduct in class quizes using mobile apps to keep the class interesting.
All our trainers are full time with Red Hat Certified Instructor (RHCI) & Kubernetes Certifications.
We are the oldest Training Institute in New Delhi. Network Nuts provides the best Kubernetes Training in Delhi.
We understand the importance of your time and efforts, we conduct Kubernetes Certification preparations to help you get that Kubernetes Certification.
We provide Kubernetes Training in Delhi on the latest curriculum.
Expand your knowledge
Weekly Seminars with Industry Experts, Mock Interviews & Resume Building.
Only at Network Nuts.